Large Association of Movie Blogs
Large Association of Movie Blogs

Friday, October 13, 2023

A Music Post for Friday The 13th



"Working with Monk brought me close to a musical architect of the highest order. I felt I learned from him in every way--through the senses, theoretically, technically. I would talk to Monk about musical problems, and he would sit at the piano and show me the answers just by playing them. I could watch him play and find out the things I wanted to know. Also, I could see a lot of things that I didn't know about at all." - John Coltrane (1960, in Downbeat Magazine)



Have a favorite song? Well, here's one of many by Thelonious Sphere Monk, born on October 10, 1917. It will be a few years before Friday the 13th falls on a Friday again, so here are a few renditions of Monk's catchy (yet very difficult to play) Friday the 13th.

















No comments: