Large Association of Movie Blogs
Large Association of Movie Blogs

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

R.I.P. Norm Macdonald



One of our all-time favorite standup comedians, the brilliant Norm Macdonald, has passed of cancer at 61.
photo by Paul Drinkwater/NBCU Photo Bank




Norm will be much missed.









We'll defer to Norm's contemporaries and colleagues in comedy now.









Jim Carrey
My dear friend Norm MacDonald passed after a brave 10 year battle. He was one of our most precious gems. An honest and courageous comedy genius. I love him.

Jim Gaffigan
Oh my God. We lost a legend. Norm was punishingly funny. A unique special point of view and completely organic. RIPNormMacDonald



Gilbert Gottfried
This photo was taken after I was a guest on Norm's show. At dinner the laughs just continued nonstop. He will be missed. RIP Norm Macdonald



David Letterman
I was always delighted by his bizarre mind and earnest gaze. (I’m trying to avoid using the phrase, “twinkle in his eyes”).
He was a lifetime Cy Young winner in comedy. Gone, but impossible to forget.







Seth MacFarlane
To so many people in comedy, me included, there was nobody funnier than Norm MacDonald. You always hoped he would hang around after the work was done, just so you could hear his stories and get a laugh. So hilarious and so generous with his personality. I’m gonna miss him.

Steve Martin
We loved Norm MacDonald. One of a kind.



Lorne Michaels
"Today is a sad day. All of us here at SNL mourn the loss of Norm Macdonald, one of the most impactful comedic voices of his or any other generation. There are so many things that we'll miss about Norm -- from his unflinching integrity to his generosity to his consistent ability to surprise. But most of all he was just plain funny. No one was funny like Norm."

Conan O'Brien
I am absolutely devastated about Norm Macdonald.






Norm had the most unique comedic voice I have ever encountered and he was so relentlessly and uncompromisingly funny. I will never laugh that hard again. I'm so sad for all of us today.




Patton Oswalt
Good bye, Norm. You were never not 100% hilarious.



Adam Sandler
Every one of us loved Norm. Some of the hardest laughs of my life with this man. Most fearless funny original guy we knew. An incredible dad. A great friend. A legend. Love u pal.

Sarah Silverman
Norm was in a comedy genre of his own. No one like him on this planet. Please do yourself a favor and watch his stuff. He was one of a kind of all time.



Jon Stewart
No one could make you break like Norm Macdonald. Hilarious and unique. Fuck cancer.


2 comments:

Yowp said...

Excellent compilation, Paul. Thanks.

Paul F. Etcheverry said...

Thanks, Yowp and thanks for the excellent posts on Tralfaz! I saw lots of iconic jazz artists and great standup comedians, up to about 1995 - the last was Robin Williams - but did not have the pleasure of seeing Norm, unfortunately. As much as I love The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, both the NBC and CBS incarnations of Late Night With David Letterman are my favorite late-night programs, and Norm was just right for Dave's approach, concept and format.