The major media outlets are never going to put anything ahead of money. We need to let those dinosaurs die and discover and praise those who are making entertainment for the highest rather than the lowest common denominator.
Negativity only turns people off. . . I was unhappy with what I saw on late night TV; I made my own show. There are a lot of us that are part of the solution that doing great culturally positive work that needs support to break through to the mainstream. So often I hear people say..."they don't do it like that anymore" and I want to say--"Well, I do! And a bunch of other artists and producers are, too" They don't want to see what I'm doing because it doesn't fit in with their negative rants and ravings!
Let's take the tip of one iceberg...Last Saturday's Psychotronix Film Fest--a packed house enjoyed tons of classic entertainment for all audiences provided by SciFi Bob, Psychotronic Paul, Scott Moon (publisher of Planet X magazine and the musical mastermind behind Cinema Insomnia music video "Watching TV"), Rob Emmett of KFJC's wonderful "Norman Bates Memorial Soundtrack show" and soundman Austin Space.
- Ernie "Hardware Wars" Fossellius was there with his DVDs
- The Queen and I represented Cinema Insomnia
- Cult Radio A Go-Go covered the event
- Bill Devers, president of the Indy Film Co-Op and organizer of The B-Movie Celebration was there, as was. . .
- Will "The Thrill" Viharo, who does Thrillville revival shows at theaters up and down the state
- Tom Wyrsch, who made the Creature Features documentary
- KTEH programmer Ken Patterson, who brought endless British Sci-Fi and even groundbreaking Anime to Bay Area TV
- Filmmakers, musicians, and artists galore who were there who are doing good stuff right now!
Here with your Surreality Check, now bend over and say ahhh...Mr. Lobo