Large Association of Movie Blogs
Large Association of Movie Blogs

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Happy 70th Birthday, John Lennon!



"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."

"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it."



"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong."



"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

"Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground." John Lennon




Alas, what would have been the 70th birthday of John Lennon is not that happy an occasion. His life, prolific musical career and outspoken voice were cut tragically short by a psycho exercising his right to bear arms on December 8, 1980.














John Lennon birthday celebrations are happening in many cities, towns, rotundas and living rooms around the globe today, including a rousing one in Central Park.





This writer goes for many of the songs on the last John Lennon albums. They are beautiful and romantic. His ability to turn a phrase kept evolving in unexpected ways.





John - wish you were still here in the flesh among us! Here's the Plastic Ono Band performing with guest guitarist Frank Zappa.

No comments: