Large Association of Movie Blogs
Large Association of Movie Blogs

Friday, April 22, 2011

This Blog Digs Trailers From Bad Movies



Do we at Way Too Damn Lazy To Write A Blog enjoy trailers from bad movies? Yes - very much.





Probably a bit too much.







We even like trailers from 1930's programmers, which are several cuts above the aforementioned Z-pictures and schlockers but fun just the same.

































with some great versions of "What Is This Thing Called Love."









Have posted Valentine's Day cartoons, the best being Tex Avery's MGM cartoon LIL' TINKER, on this blog before. Here's one that's not among Tex Avery's top 150 cartoons but is not bad for mid-1930's Merrie Melodies and has a terrific ending. Besides, we love the bit in which the main character, who is more than a little reminiscent of Harvey Comics, has fire instead of water in his shower. Nothing will accelerate one's efforts to freshen up in the morning quite like a 5000 degree blast!





































































One way to honor February 14 would be to, upon ponderance of this day go ask Shakespeare, then read some sonnets! But also check out this incredible song by Burt Bacharach.



Love the excellent vocal by Rufus Wainright and the song's lyrics.

I've been hoping for a better day
It's a long time coming, but I wait anyway
'Til the dark clouds have all blown away
And the sun shines again

I keep trying, I've been holding on
Though the days are empty in a world that's gone wrong
Life's a miracle or a foolish tale
I don't know, go ask Shakespeare

Love's the answer, like I said before
It's the one thing needed, maybe now even more
Love's the secret we've been looking for
'Til the sun shines again

So I keep hoping and I'm holding on
There's a cold wind blowing, but I know love is strong
There will come a day when sorrow is gone
And the sun shines again

I keep hoping for a better day
It's a long time coming, but I wait anyway
Life's a miracle or a foolish tale
I don't know, go ask Shakespeare







>

No comments: