Large Association of Movie Blogs
Large Association of Movie Blogs

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Moth Who Came To Dinner

Don't have much to say at the moment, so I'll post a classic Looney Tunes cartoon. Tex Avery, Frank Tashlin, Bob Clampett, Chuck Jones and Friz Freleng all made some pretty amazing contributions to the black and white Looney Tunes series. Here's a particularly fun one directed by Bob Clampett. Love the theme song, hilarious voice work by Mel Blanc and Sara Berner, and the cheerfully wacky spirit of the animation.



To appreciate the many original touches in Eatin' On The Cuff, check out John Kricfalusi's shot-by-shot breakdown.

2 comments:

Carol L. Skolnick said...

This is adorable! I never saw it before.

Paul F. Etcheverry said...

And it's a public domain film, so I wish I had a gorgeous 16mm print struck from the original 35mm negs!

My cherished cel of Cecil The Sea Sick Sea Serpent signed by Bob Clampett is in storage.